Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mini Mexican "Pizzas"


Lately I've been falling in love all over again with autumn squash: Acorn, kabocha, butternut, Australian butter, munchkin, and my favorite, butternut. So when I came across Erin Dame's recipe for Mini Mexican Pizzas in the McDougall newsletter archives, I knew I had to give it a try!

And I wasn't disappointed. These tasty little discs of joy were flavorful, spicy, low fat, and surprisingly filling! I highly recommend you give this very simple dish a try. You may just fall in love with butternut squash for the first time or all over again!

And here's a recipe for Adobo Seasoning, since I could not find a store-bought brand that didn't contain tricalcium phosphate.

Ingredients:

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried Mexican oregano
1 tsp peppercorns
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt

Grind all the ingredients together with a mortar and pestle or in a coffee grinder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really colorful and delicious. I can't wait to try it!

Luann said...

I never had butternut squash. This looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

delicioso!

Helen said...

I'm salivating!

Anonymous said...

So glad I stumbled upon your blog today. I am making this for dinner tonight!